Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sunday Funday

 

I've been wanting to get back to my circular sock machines.  I lurk in a FB group and they post the most amazing things.  Since I haven't cranked anything out in awhile my skills are a bit lacking.  Of course I went straight away to ribbed socks because what I really want to do is a set of leg warmers.  It's been good practice as you can see.

Getting the right tension, picking up dropped stitches and making the appropriate ribbing adjustments are just a few of the things I had to re-learn.  

But it's all coming along, if rather slowly.  I even got all the way through a heel without too much trouble.  I'm on the toe of this sock and then will have to do it all over again.

The machine I'm using is a NZAK Quiknit. It's my favorite of all my machines (I have 12).  It's the easiest to use -- that is, least fussiest.  Plus I have it all setup with a 64 needle cylinder. 

I plan to do the legwarmers on my NZAK Mark IV -- it's already setup with a 72 needle cylinder and the ribber works the same.  

This year I hope to make something on each of the different machines.
I've collected a number of books as well, but the most useful one is currently no longer in print.  I'm working with the author remedy that situation.  We'll see how it goes.


No comments: