Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Beginnings

I went into the New Year with 6 projects logged in the sidebar and 2 unlogged. Like others I reflected on my stash and decided that I must, MUST, knit it down to a low roar. New Year's Resolution, Knit More, Buy Less. So I went ahead and started a lace shawl from Jane Sowerby's new book:
















Which is now this:
And, I'm happy to report that this project is being knit with yarn from stash. That is to say, the yarn used here was purchased a long while back with no project in mind. It's all hand dyed, fingering weight alpaca. The other skein above is a silk boucle which I intend to use for the knitted on border. It's a very simple project meant to show off the yarn.





I also started this from Knitters Fall 2003, the Round Trip shrug:















Which is now this:
This is also knit from stash...I purchased the Noro Silk Garden from Webs last year. However, I decided that I wanted to do the band in a matching Cash Iroha and went and bought 3 skeins. That acquisition makes no dent in the stash, but at least the project is no longer part of it...





What? Have I bought any more yarn this year? Um, uh, yes, but not much. ;)

No comments: