Saturday, June 14, 2008

Bagged by Vivian

Vivian wants to know:

What was I doing 10 years ago? Hmm, that would be June 1998, that would make L almost 4 mos and K 3yo. I was knee deep in diapers? Just returning to work with 2 small kids. It was a circus act I tell ya. And later that year I joined a startup. I guess I thought I could do it all. It was tough, but it was from this point on that things started to get easier. DH just got his MBA and a job that didn't require a 2 hour commute. Definitely better.

What are 5 things on my TO-DO list for today? Wait for the A/C guy to come in and fix a wire -- very important wire connecting the switch to the relay that turned the fan 0n, $100. Take the girls to see Indiana Jones. Make dinner -- DH's favorite. The dishes. Blog.

Snacks I enjoy: Today? Ice Cream and cookies. Other days? Chocolate and cheese, but not together.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I'd retire to this house.

Places I have lived: California, that's pretty much it, first Southern, then Northern.

Jobs I have had: If I count the last five they would be programmer, programmer, programmer, programmer, and programmer. Oh and before that, programmer.


Cris said...

Hmmm... Are you sure you want that house. No yarn stores for 6,000 miles.

Jocelyn said...

That's ok, I'm a billionaire, right? There's a private plane at my disposal.

Vivian said...

I think I met you just about exactly 10 years ago, when we were meeting in Fremont and Sunnyvale. Come think of it, I'm surprised you made it to those meetings. I didn't for a long time after Henry was born.

Jocelyn said...

I tell you, it was crazy times back then. I had just learned to knit myself 2 years before, spin a year before, started taking bobbin lace lessons and was learning to weave on my own.