Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Mate for my LeGare

No socks yet -- just lots of tubes, long stockinette tubes, short ribbed tubes. I had issues with my ribber. It was stuck and sitting too high to actually rib.
It fit fine this way: 



And it fit fine this way: 



But together: 


See the center screw? That's suppose to touch the base to adjust it up or down.

So, I dug out my handy-dandy caliper and took some measurements:



What, doesn't everyone have one of these?
I found that it flared out a bit. So after some filing of both the small pin and the hole that it went into:



I finally got it to sit right. And now it ribs!

Just in time for the arrival of this:



A 1924 Gearhart

2 comments:

alce said...

OMFG. That's all I have to say.

Legare Furniture said...

I hope you get your socks soon!!!