Friday, August 16, 2013

Angel Wings

IMAG1193 Here's my finished Wingspan, Angel version with a tweak.  Since I was making holes on purpose I changed the offset from 16 to 15, using the original caston amount.  This way in the end I could have all my yarnovers spaced evenly all the way across.  This was vacation knitting mostly done on a plane while I listened to a book. The yarn is Crazy Zauberball with which I got 7 of the 8 repeats.  I definitely want to do it again, maybe with a shorter cast on (I did the fingering version).  I downloaded the pattern while it was still free, but I'm tempted to purchase it because of the variations.  We'll see.  I've got lots of zauberball, as well as other interesting yarns this could be worked in. That's it for me on this Fiber Arts Friday and FO Friday.  I've got a bit on my mind with another yarn store closing in my area.  More about that later.

4 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Hmmm lost my comment. :-/

I love your version of the wingspan. :-)

Crochet Addict UK said...

Wow!!!!! I love it. The colours and span work fantastic. The moving of the gaps works really well!

sarah in the woods said...

beautiful colors! Such a pretty pattern too.

WonderWhyGal said...

Love Zauberballs! Your colorway is beautiful in that scarf.