Monday, October 24, 2005

Coping

I finished the Mermaid Socks from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks for Warm Feet.These are my daughter's feet. She took my her socks and left for Science Camp. This is a week long camp for 5th graders here in Santa Clara County. It's the first time for her to be away from home and family. I think her sister will miss her the most -- being the youngest and having never been separated from her sister. It'll be hard on me too because I've never been separated from her for that long. I think by mid-week I'll need something strong to keep me going so I'm considering a stop at the Black Watch, a local tavern that serves killer Kamikazes. In the meantime, I've got to turn these 2 skeins of Cascade 220 into a Harry Potter scarf by Halloween. Too bad I can't use the wand (but I could use my bulky knitting machine). I started a new pair of socks for my other daughter (because you can't finish a pair for one and not start the next pair for the other).
And if that doesn't keep me from chewing all my nails with worry, I do have other projects to knit (and start) but just in case none of that helps, I have these...
they should last until Friday when she returns. Check back...

No comments: