I'm taking up mamacate's invitation to do 1/5 of my 100 things, randomly, since I have nothing, and have always wanted to do the 100 things...
1. I'll start with the meaning of FiberDev -- I am a computer programmer by profession, also known as a developer. A developer takes one thing and turns it into another -- as a programmer I take code and turn it into a program. As a fiber developer...well you get the picture.
2. I'm a mother of 2 lovely daughters.
3. I've been married for 12 years.
4. I was born and raised in California. I grew up in Southern California and now live in Northern California.
5. I went to school at UCSB, go Gauchos!
6. I love to read historical fiction and chick lit. I read 1.5 books a month, 1/3 of which are audio books.
7. One of my favorite movies is French Kiss.
8. I don't like to travel. To clarify, I like visiting different places, but I don't like getting there. Plus, I get homesick -- even over the weekend.
9. I drink Peet's coffee. If I find myself in a Starbucks I will have a peppermint mocha latte -- I don't consider this coffee.
10. I love chocolate. 2 weeks before my 1st daughter was due I walked into a See's Candies and bought their 4 lb box. I was hungry. She was born 4 days later.
11. I had gestational diabetes during my second pregnancy so I waited until after she was born to eat a (very small) box of Godivas, but before the nurse came to checked my blood sugar.
12. Later, I developed Type II diabetes but I still have chocolate -- just not as much or as often as I'd like.
13. I love cheese, all kinds but mostly soft cheeses like cambazola.
14. I'm Catholic, but not a very good one.
15. I'm Republican, also not a very good one.
16. I'm pro-choice, see?
17. I like having a garden, but I don't like gardening. My idea of gardening is pointing at the things I don't like in the garden and asking my husband to remove them.
18. I love fruit -- all kinds, no exceptions.
19. One of my favorite books is The Mists of Avalon.
20. I love anything Brighton.