Thursday, October 12, 2006

I will not succumb...again

Look at what the Yarn Harlot's up to here -- gorgeous isn't it? Makes you want to go straight to Grafton Fibers and hand over your credit card. But I won't, not his time...my mind reels back to this and how that resulted in the arrival of these fraternal twins beautifully nestled in the LazyBoy.
They were packed away into the stash only to be retrieved (and gently fondled) for this picture. I'm also shamefully reminded of the recent moment of weakness while organizing my Bellwether Rhyme Times subscription which resulted in the addition of 3 lbs of fiber to the stash.

On another front did finish up all the pieces of palacios seen below as I contemplate blocking the fronts on my inadequate blocking board. I need a bigger one -- you'd think if a blocking board came with yarn I'd have one by now. Anyways, this one's meant for quilt blocks (oh didn't you know? I quilt too...or, uh I used to) . The back is done too so I can now safely set it aside as the next bit is a mosaic border that I'm not about to start (guess I really don't need to block it now then, huh). Also seen below are the Vintage Shell Socks from Knitting Vintage Socks (Nancy Bush) in Knit Picks Dancing.

What's up next? Um, well there's a new yarn shop that's opening this weekend so, I'll be here.

1 comment:

Vivian said...

Just went to Purlescence at lunch time, pretty impressive inventory. Sandi was there and she seems really happy about the shop. it's really close to my work too.