Sunday, October 29, 2006

And for my next pair of socks...

Fingerless Gloves!
These were so quick they didn't even make the sidebar. In fact they were so quick I'm already done! Check out the ruffle cuff? The pattern is available in Not Just Socks, but with a different cuff (actually 2 different cuffs, but not this one). If you want to do this cuff, go a few pages further to the pattern for the bag and use that -- I cast on 192 stitches and decreased rapidly (32 stitches every other round) to 64 stitches. Followed by a 3x1 rib for the base of the palm. I think next time I'll decrease 4 stitches evenly after the ribbing so the palm's just a bit smaller and add 3 stitches instead of 2 per finger. Not that I'm going to rush in and make more just yet. It was a small detour in my journey to finish things up -- not start AND finish. I've still got inches left on Tokyo Bloom so I'm going there next. The scarves? Dunno, they are so close but I need to make decisions so not going there anytime soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

those are too cute...I love gloves like others love socks...in turn I suffer from second glove syndrome.

Vivian said...

The retreat is still over two months away, I'm sure you can whip up a few more pairs of gloves before that. Glad you included the bag in the picture too, they look so cute together.

Cris said...

I love those gloves enough that I might buy the book and knit some. And of course the bag is great!