Friday, March 15, 2013

Cast On Cast Off

Ah the joys of knitting with no deadlines.  There are several projects that I've been dying to start but with all the prep for Stitches and 20 wips already on the needles I had to show some restraint.  Immediately after Stitches I cast on a bunch of things and so I have a mini parade of FOs for you on this FiberArts Friday.  First, I cranked these out on my Quiknit circular sock machine:
IMAG0962
The yarn, Handwerks So Soft Sock, was leftover from my Drunken Path and since I used the same yarn for the demo (different colorway) the machine was already set up for it.  Plus I wanted to try out the ribber on this machine so these were the perfect trial, and I got socklets for my efforts!
IMAG0997
Here I am with my Lucy hat.  I bought the yarn in January and impatiently waited to cast on.  It goes fast and is so satisfying.  I finished it at my knit group and wore it after while I ran errands. Yarn is Madelinetosh Vintage in Black Velvet and Baltic for the band. Pattern from Knitscene Winter 2012.
 
IMAG1010
Finally, long after the final episode of the 3rd season of Downton Abbey had aired I started my MKAL gauntlets.  See my last post for pooling issues.  I just finished the right and immediately started the left.  Once I finish these I have one more project I want to cast on.  I'll still have my running 20, which really is a rotating 5, one of which is this:
IMAG0973
I cast on Celestarium!
Happy FiberArts Friday and FO Friday!  How many WiPs do you have?  Leave a comment and enjoy cruising the blogosphere.

5 comments:

Corrie B said...

I'm way too scared to count my WIPs! I reckon I must have about ten? I think there are some I ought to frog, but I'm scared...

Melissa said...

OMG....no way could I have that many projects started at once...LOL. Love your Lucy hat and the gauntlets are looking great.

Thanks for sharing your projects.

WonderWhyGal said...

Look at you with all of those projects. Rock star! Love that hat and those gauntlets are amazing.

AllyB said...

Great knits! You look super cute in your new hat. I love the gauntlets. I'm jealous of your trip to Stitches...I should get myself in gear and plan a trip to Stitches Midwest this year.

Vivian said...

You know the answer, I have one WIP, and I'm sticking to it. :D