Friday, May 27, 2005

Debbie Bliss Pullover


Posted by Hello Here's where I am on the pullover. Shamefully started in 2001. There are many reasons why a project gets neglected. For this one I'll name just a few: 1) it's fairisle, not that that alone would do it, but 2) some patterns call for 3 colors in a single row-- I only have 2 hands and carry one color in each hand, therefore I can only knit with at most 2 colors at a time, 3) it's cotton in fairisle, and furthermore 4) its done flat (as opposed to circular -- ever try weaving in purl?), and finally 5) all those damned ends! (neatly tucked away for the picture posterity). I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I'll deal with that when the time comes. For now I'm held up on the sleeve length. I mean it's already been 4 years and daughter no 1. whom it was originally intended has far outgrown it. IF I finish it this summer it just might fit daughter no. 2. Thankfully it's a long weekend and a very good friend has reminded me that I need to work on this -- thanks Cris.

No comments: