Wednesday, June 29, 2005

stitch markers at work


Posted by Hello This is the beginnings of the left side of the Palacios Vest. It has 3 lace pattern repeats that I distinguish using the markers. The markers are heavy enough not to go flying off when I transfer them from one needle to the other. Aren't they pretty? I'm back to knitting now, having started the left side here. I brought this along with a sock to knit while on vacation in Seattle, WA. I didn't knit on it at all and did only a few rounds on the sock. Instead I visited 5 yarn shops -- at Hilltop Yarns I bought buttons for the Ironstone Cardigan.



However, they do not match -- I think maybe abalone buttons will go better -- these are too brown.





All I have left to do on the Ironstone Cardi is the button band and seaming. The only thing holding me back from the button band is the buttons and well, the fact that I'm running out of yarn. This is all I have left for the button bands. I have to knit holding all three yarns together, the subtle handpaint effect here is achieved by swapping out one of the colors each section. This is color combo A, which I've used on the collar, rib and cuffs.




I think it's enough. At least I hope so.










Nothing's stopping me from seaming up the sides -- well except the act itself -- love knitting -- hate making up. However, the 4th of July is Monday and I have a 4 day weekend, time to seam, knit on the fairisle and post pix of Seattle aquisitions that include duh, yarn and spindles!

No comments: