Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Yarn Harlot @ Berkeley

Stephanie Pearl-McPhee, aka The Yarn Harlot, author of At Knit's End made a stop at a not so local (to me) yarn store in Berkeley, Stash. My friends and I made the hour long drive up -- it was great, I laughed so hard at times I could barely breathe. Here I am w/ Stephanie and the bookbookbook, I'm modeling a capelet designed and knit by my friend Alison.
Here she's sporting a Spiderman finger puppet to take back to Hank!
Stephanie (also wearing one of Alison's creations -- a gift, no less) with Alison.
And here with Cris. Coming away from this talk you'd think I'd have "the" answer to why I knit -- why I buy (so much) yarn -- why I'd travel (w/ my knitbuds) an hour in traffic to a yarn store to see/hear the author of a knitting "meditations" book and just connect. I can't explain it. Either you get it or you don't.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

How did I miss seeing this till now! Thank you for the link, Jocelyn!