Friday, January 27, 2012

I do Love me some Pink



Since Vivian "outted" me last week I thought I take a moment here to explain.  I'll start with last night, it was 4th Thursday and as per usual I was with the South Bay Knitters at Green Planet Yarn.  Vera was running around trying to find the yarn for this shrug which Pat was actually wearing.  Much to her dismay it was being discontinued (Araucania Coliumo) and they only had 3 kits left...all in pink.  Huh.  Well me being me I bought one.  What can I say?  It was cute, it was pink and it was on sale.  So there it is my weakness in a nutshell.  I tried to ease you all into it, my first post for FAF being a not very pink purple and even with last week's post, an innocent blush of peach rose.  But it was bound to happen and when I cast off the final stitch on my swirled pearl, I knew I would be caught...pink handed.  So just how much pink do I knit (or, er ah, buy)?  Come back later and you'll see.  I'll tag this and all my other "pink" posts.  I'll warn you, it's quite staggering, so be prepared.  This is all I have for Fiber Arts Friday, but believe me it's quite enough.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday, join the party and leave a comment!

No FO's this time but swing by next week when I finish a thumb and frog a sock.

edited: I'm done tagging, click on the label below for the parade of pink

7 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

You can share all the pink you want. I think it's beautiful. I am more of an orange gal so I know how you always gravitate to the favorite color.

Kathryn Ray said...

Hahaha - I like pink... the singer. ;-)

I also like pink, the color, but in small doses. So I have been sufficiently warned. :-)

Welcome to FAF!!

Kathryn Ray said...

Hahaha... Enginerd... I haven't heard that in such a long time. :-)

So nice to meet another club member. :-)

Heather Woollove said...

I appreciate having a real passion for a particular color! Some might say that I'm that way about a certain color, too! (orange)
I say, "Fly your pink flag proudly"!!! :)

Heather Woollove said...

P.S. I am delighted to know an engineer who loves pink, having two engineers among my four daughters. (One is a Civil Engineer, currently getting her Masters in Water Resources Engineering, and one is in college for Biological Engineering.) :)

AllyB said...

Whoa, that is a lot of pink! I love pink. I could live very happily in a pink house. Actually, the first house I lived in (from age 0 to 7) was pink. Rock on with your pink self! There is no shame in it. And your knits are beautiful.

AlisonH said...

I love it. I am so sorry I've missed so many of those meetings; I've missed you guys!