Friday, January 20, 2012

Swirled Pearl



When you have too many WiPs, then each thing takes a long time to finish. A little knitting here, and there doesn't amount to much but it is progress.  I finally finished my Swirled Pearl Shawlette. Yarn: Serendipity lace merino knit double, this is very much like Malabrigo's merino lace.

It was definitely fun to make and made for great TV knitting.  It starts at the neck edge on 7 stitches which grows pretty quickly.  I thought of making it longer than written but that would mean not finishing...ever.

So that's 3 FO's in 3 weeks. Not bad for the New Year. And I've tagged them on Ravelry with 12in2012.  It'll be a good way to keep track and motivation to get more stuff done.  I've assessed some of the other WiPs and I think I know what's next up, but I've got a deadline coming up for the first pattern in the Handwerks Yarn Club.  There's still time to join!


Happy Fiber Arts Friday and FO Friday, join the party and leave a comment!

7 comments:

Vivian said...

At this rate you'll finish 52 projects this year! Your shawl looks great, and I wonder when others will notice your projects are all pink.

Cris said...

Beautiful! I love mine. It's one of my favorite knitted garments.

Affiknitty said...

Very pretty! And it looks like it would have nice drape over your shoulders too.

Spinster Beth said...

Woooow, that's beautiful!

WonderWhyGal said...

That's beautiful. I don't know if I could watch tv plus work on that. hmmm, now I need to see if all of your projects really are pink.

AllyB said...

I do love pink yarn. Your shawl is a nice pattern also. I'll have to cruise over and check out that pattern. A belated Happy Fiber Arts Friday to you!

Keri said...

That is stunning! Thank you for sharing it. I have to run off and look at the pattern now.