Friday, January 06, 2012

One Down, Twenty To Go





And here we have the first finished project of 2012: Enoble, originally a Mystery KAL I participated in last year.  It's knit in two sections and kitchenered together, but I procrastinated the kitchener part until now.  I used Handwerks So Soft Sock which is a super luscious blend of merino, cashmere and nylon.  I really like this yarn and glad that it along with Silky Sock is a main staple at Handwerks

This year will be my 3rd year designing for the Handwerks Yarn Club.  If you haven't joined before I hope you'll consider. The last 2 years it was strictly socks, but this year it will be one skein projects. Working with Laura at Handwerks truly has been satisfying.  It's challenged me and inspired me.  I'm really looking forward to branching out beyond designing socks (don't despair sock fans, I may get a sock design out elsewhere).  Want to know more about me, the "designer"?  Recently Laura wrote up an interview with me on her blog.

So what's up for this year?  Well, for starters this is my first submission to both Fiber Arts Friday and FO Friday. With twenty (I know, really?) UFO's I really need some incentive to finish my projects.  So thanks to Vivian at Bits and Pieces (see link on side bar) for her inspiration throughout last year and join the party!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Lovely yarn and pattern work well together.

Karen said...

Your scarf is lovely!

Voie de Vie said...

Any and all inspiration to get projects done is a good thing - welcome! I have found that I need complete concentration to do kitchener - but once into it, it goes smoothly, as long as I complete the task in one sitting. :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

So pretty, especially the lacy sections that finish each end of the yarn. And in a cashmere blend, I bet it's fabulous to wear!

Vivian said...

Glad you decided to join and congratulations on the first FO of the year!

WonderWhyGal said...

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday! I love that scarf. 21 projects is very ambitious for the year and I look forward to seeing your blog posts about your projects. I am currently using a Twisted Sisters Merino/Silk yarn for a scarf pattern written by Denise at Voie de Vie and that yarn is simply delicious to knit with so I know what you mean about finding a nice yarn.

Cris said...

Beautiful! It feels so good to finish a project. Last year I worked on clearing out my UFO. I finished 3 and frogged 2. This year I'm going to make the hard decisions - what to do with projects I like but know I won't finish or won't wear if I did finish. One I know I'm to cut, felt, and turn into a pillow. By the end of this year, I want my WIPs on Ravely to be truely, WIP.