Friday, February 24, 2012

But is it Mavis?

theblairgirls - View my 'mavis' set on Flickriver

It's Stitches West and I have but this morning to post and then I'm off to shop my cowl off.  Wait, I don't have a cowl. (I actually already did some early damage at the market pre-show last night, so today I'll be helping friends spend money they don't have.)  I just can't believe I'm saying this but it's too warm to wear Mavis at Stitches this year.  It's gorgeous out but I want to wear my sweater! 

I'm really glad I reworked it.  I wore it all day after the photo session.  It's comfy and I'm not pulling or adjusting it.  This is basically what I did:


I reworked the body like the drop sleeve sweatshirt that I know fit the way I liked.  I opened up the collar as well and nix'd the cowl.  Then I reworked the sleeves to match. 

Although it has most of the elements of the original Mavis, somehow without the cowl I don't feel I can really call it Mavis anymore.


Or can I?

Happy Fiber Arts Friday and FO Friday, join the party and leave a comment!

Thanks to Kelsey for modeling the cowl (knit separately) -- those are my daughter's lovely tresses.


Melissa said...

Enjoy the show!

WonderWhyGal said...

Love how it turned out!
Have fun at Stitches.

Kathleen said...

The colours and pattern on that sweater are too much fun, I love it!

Andria said...

Your sweater looks great! Have fun!

Kathryn Ray said...

I think the sweater looks great!! Cute pup too. ;-)

Enjoy Stitches.