Monday, April 30, 2012

Manic Monday: A Deadline

I've got a deadline and it's tomorrow.  It's a design deadline and I'm just about done but I really cut it close this time.  Just need to dot my i's and cross my t's -- do that last run thru and make sure it all make sense.  Oh  and block the item...take pictures...yeah, okay.

Why do I do this to myself?  I meant to get it done sooner, but like my knitting I had to get it right, even more so with designing and my first pass sucked so bad I didn't even take a picture before frogging.  I scratched the entire thing and went all the way back for a fresh look at my stitch dictionaries just a few weeks before my deadline.  Well, I'm glad I did.  It just goes to show, I work well under pressure. You can't see it now (it's a Handwerks Club project and they get first dibs) but when I start working on the second version (this is how I know it's good -- it evolves) you'll see it here.

What else is going on with me?  Not much.  Yesterday was the last day of the 3rd Annual Knitting and Crochet Blog Week and I participated all seven days.  When I wasn't blogging I was frantically knitting, charting and checking my design.  I'll be glad when I can get back to the WiPs, they've been patiently waiting in the sidebar, literally.  Check back here -- maybe on WiP Wednesday or Fiber Arts Friday.  We'll see how the week goes.

Want to join me in the madness? Got a day job funding your hobby? Craft evenings and weekends to get it all done? Knit, or crochet, sew, quilt, spin, felt, weave, lace AND blog? Just how Manic are your Mondays?

Join the party and don't forget to link back to http://fiberdev.blogspot.com/

 
Button coming soon...

No comments: